No matter if you have Irish heritage or not, everyone seems to enjoy celebrating St. Patrick’s Day on March 17. However, even though this St. Patrick’s Day may not be exactly like the ones in the past, you don’t have to let that keep you and your family from having a good time at home.
That’s why it’s more important than ever to channel your inner leprechaun this year and be a little sillier than normal. How? By telling a bunch of funny St. Patrick’s Day jokes that will have everyone in your crew Dublin over with laughter the entire day.
But don’t worry; you don’t have to come up with these funny St. Patty’s Day jokes on your own. We rounded up 100 of the funniest St. Patrick’s Day jokes of all time—from jokes about rainbows and about Ireland to ones about four-leaf clovers and Guinness. And even though some of these Irish jokes for St. Patrick’s Day are super-cheesy, we promise they’ll only add to your fun.
Below are the 100 best and funniest St. Patrick’s Day jokes we could come up with that are sure to get you giggling.
100 Funny St. Patrick’s Day Jokes
1. Why did the leprechaun go outside?
To sit on his paddy-o
2. What type of bow cannot be tied?
3. What is a leprechaun’s favorite type of music?
Sham-rock ‘n’ roll
4. What do ghosts drink on St. Patrick’s Day?
5. What do you call an Irish spider?
Paddy long legs
6. When does a leprechaun cross the street?
When it turns green
7. What would you get if you crossed Christmas with St. Patrick’s Day?
8. What did the leprechaun say when the video game ended?
Related: St. Patrick’s Day Puns
9. What’s a leprechaun’s favorite cereal?
10. Why did St. Patrick drive all the snakes out of Ireland?
It was too far to walk
11. What’s the best position for leprechauns to play on a baseball team?
12. What do you call a leprechaun with a sore throat?
13. What did one Irish ghost say to the other?
Top O’ the moaning to ya
14. What do you call a fake Irish diamond?
15. What instrument does a showoff play on St. Patrick’s Day?
16. When is an Irish Potato not an Irish Potato?
When it’s a French fry
17. Knock, knock.
Erin as fast as I could, but I couldn’t catch the leprechaun.
18. How does a leprechaun work out?
By pushing his luck
19. What’s long and green and only shows up once a year?
The St. Patrick’s Day parade
20. What does a leprechaun call a man wearing green?
A green giant
Related: St. Patrick’s Day Memes
21. Why do leprechauns have pots o’gold?
They like to “go” first-class
22. Knock, knock.
Clover here and I’ll tell you.
23. How can you tell if an Irishman is having a good time?
He’s Dublin over with laughter
24. What do you call a leprechaun’s vacation home?
25. How old are leprechauns?
So old that they can remember when rainbows were black and white
26. Why did the leprechaun stand on the potato?
To keep from falling into the stew
27. What do you get when two leprechauns have a conversation?
A lot of small talk
28. Why do leprechauns dislike leftovers?
They prefer left-clovers
29. Knock, knock.
Ireland you money if you promise to pay me back.
30. Why do people wear shamrocks on St. Patrick’s Day?
Because real rocks are too heavy
31. What does Ireland have more of than any other country?
32. What’s Dwayne Johnson’s Irish nickname?
33. How do musicians show off to their crush on Saint Patrick’s Day?
By serenading them with brag-pipes
34. Why can’t you borrow money from a leprechaun?
Because they’re always a little short
35. When does Valentine’s Day come after Saint Patrick’s Day?
In the dictionary
36. What did the leprechaun put in the vending machine?
37. What do you call environmentally conscious leprechauns?
38. What is Irish and left on the lawn?
39. What do you get when you cross a pillowcase with a stone?
40. How did the leprechaun go to the moon?
In a sham-rocket
41. Why are leprechauns so concerned about global warming?
They’re really into green living
42. How did the leprechaun win the race?
He took a shortcut
43.What job did the leprechaun have at the restaurant?
He was the short-order cook
44. How did the Irish Jig get started?
Too much water to drink and not enough restrooms
45. What does it mean when you find a horseshoe?
Some poor horse is going barefoot
46. How can you spot a jealous shamrock?
It will be green with envy
47. Why cant Irish golfers ever end a game?
They refuse to leave the green
48. What did the naughty leprechaun get for Christmas?
A pot of coal
49. Knock, knock.
Pat on your coat—we’re going to the St. Patty’s Day parade.
50. What do you call a bad Irish dance?
A jig mistake
51. Knock, Knock
Irish you a happy St. Patrick’s Day!
52. Why don’t you iron four-leaf clovers?
Because you don’t want to press your luck
53. What should you say to someone running a St. Patty’s Day marathon?
Irish you luck
54. Why do leprechauns hate running?
They’d rather jig than jog
55. Who is St. Patrick’s favorite superhero?
The Green Lantern
56. Why are so many leprechauns gardeners?
Because they have green thumbs
57. What would St. Patrick order to drink at a Chinese restaurant?
58. Knock, knock.
Irish stew in the name of the law.
59. Why are leprechauns hard to get along with?
They are short-tempered
60. What type of spells do Irish witches cast?
61. Knock, knock.
Saint no time for questions, open the door!
62. What did the baby leprechaun find at the end of the rainbow?
A potty gold
63. What do leprechauns barbecue on St. Patrick’s Day?
64. What’s the name of a popular Irish dance move?
The shamrock shake
65. What did the leprechaun tell his neighbor on March 17?
Irish you a Happy St. Patrick’s Day
66. Why do leprechauns prefer dollar bills to coins?
Because they’re green
67. How is a good friend like a four-leaf clover?
They are hard to find
68. What did the Irish potato say to his sweetheart?
I only have eyes for you
69. Why do frogs love St. Patrick’s Day?
They’re always wearing green
70. What do Irishmen say when you tell them Bono is your favorite singer?
71. Why does the River Shannon have so much money in it?
Because it has two banks
72. Knock, knock.
Boy do I love St. Patty’s Day!
73. How do leprechauns celebrate St. Patrick’s Day?
By holding a lepreconcert
74. Why did the leprechaun climb over the rainbow?
To get to the other side
75. What did the Irish referee say at the end of the soccer match?
76. Why do leprechauns make great secretaries?
They’re good at shorthand
77. What do you call an Irishman bouncing off the walls?
78. What is a nuahcerpel?
Leprechaun spelled backward
79. Which dog breed should you invite to your St. Patrick’s Day party?
An Irish Setter
80. Knock, knock.
Irish I could find a four-leaf clover.
81. Knock, knock.
Warren anything green for St. Patrick’s Day?
82. What’s the perfect St. Patty’s Day breakfast?
Green eggs and ham
83. Where would you find a leprechaun baseball team?
In a little league
84. How do you pay for soft drinks on Saint Patty’s Day?
With soda bread
85. What’s an Irish baby’s favorite song?
86. What happens when a leprechaun falls into the Irish Sea?
He gets wet
87. What’s big and purple and lies next to Ireland?
88. Knock, knock.
Lepon con and I’m here to pinch you.
89. What would you get if you crossed a leprechaun with a frog?
A little man having a hopping good time
90. What’s green and sings?
91. Knock, knock!
Pat. Pat who?
Pat on your shoes and let’s get to the St. Patrick’s Day party!
92. Why did the leprechaun turn down a bowl of soup?
Because he already had a pot of gold
93. What do you get when you cross poison ivy with a four-leaf clover?
A rash of good luck
94. Knock, knock.
95. Why don’t women want to get engaged on St. Patrick’s Day?
They don’t want to get a “sham rock”
Coran beef and cabbage.
97. What do you get when you do the Irish jig at McDonald’s?
A Shamrock shake
98. What did St. Patrick say to the snakes?
He told them to hiss off
99. What do you call a leprechaun who gets sent to jail?
100. What does it mean if you find a four-leaf clover?
That you have too much time on your hands